Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 5 month old baby and 4 year old Bichon/****zu named Banjo. Banjo has overall been GREAT with the new baby. The only issue we are having is with any squeaky toys. He thinks they are his and wants them! He is never aggressive but patiently waits until they are unattended/in a place he can grab them. He especially loves Sophie the Giraffe for anyone who knows what that is. He currently has no squeaky toys of his own in the house as he will squeak them 24/7 and drive everyone crazy. I have tried a new toy (non-squeaking) for him without success. It is hard to get rid of all squeaking type toys for the baby. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I'd get him his own squeak toys and only allow him to have them during playtime. When not playing with him get him out of the room and pick up the toys while he's occupied in the other room.

Make sure to pick up all your babies squeak toys when the baby is done with them, the more Banjo is able to steal and play with them the more he'll want to, that's especially true if you play the chase game to get the toy back, game to him no fun for you.

Another thing you can do is teach Banjo to bring you the toys for a high value treat, while it won't stop him from getting the toys, at least he won't be chewing on them when he has them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts