Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find information/recommendations for Australian Shepherd breeders. I can't seem to find a good Aussie forum.

Is anyone familiar with Skycove?
I'm closer to Southern NJ than North, Philadelphia, Delaware, Maryland but I'm willing to drive along the East Coast.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I don't really know any in that area, since I'm farther north east then you (state wise). I'm not sure if we have anyone from that area that got a aussie from a breeder, I could be wrong though.
In the mean time maybe look into the breeders in your state and some near by states so you can get a feel for each breeder and weed out the not so good ones.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I will check into it.
You own a Collie? Just guessing from your screen name...and you know Aussie owners. How would you say the two breeds compare, based on the dogs you know? Why did you choose a Collie?

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Aussies are amazing. Seriously. If you're dedicated to their mental stimulation and exercise needs, they are unbelievable dogs.
My Aussie is seriously my heart and soul dog. Great handler focus, sweet, goofy, and so full of life. He makes me laugh every day. My husband will never go without an Aussie now, I'm positive.

Honestly, look into going to dog shows, agility shows, or any other kind of sports/events you might be interested in doing. Talk to people who have Aussies there, find out what they like about the lines they are from etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.