Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new here. I am the fur mama of Max a.k.a. Maxi! :D We are not very active parents, we take him for occasional walks, I do chase him around the backyard; it is fenced in, so he can chase (bark) at squirrels and run back and forth. He naps for most of the day, his daddy doesn't get home from work until about 830 at night, so it's just me and Maxi for about 13 hours a day. I have mobility issues which make it hard for me to play as much as he probably needs.

Max is about 2.5 years old, he is in good shape, healthy, and very happy. We do take him to dog parks frequently, he has fun there.

I am just concerned that he is bored and if I should worry, how else I might keep him busy or occupied during the day.

Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
That breed needs lots of mental stimulation. I love clicker training. Look at kikopup videos for training tips. you could also try a flirt pole for exercise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh thanks! It reminds me of a 'cat dancer' -- same theory really! :) We have agility fences, I think will have hubby put back up so we can do some training (we did a lot more when he was a puppy)!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts