Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

since a week, a puppy of ACD is part of our family, his name is Charlie

This will be Charlie’s look when he will be adult (I guess many of yours knows)

Any other fellows owners of an ACD here on WUS? I would like to know your experiences and suggestions with this breed.

Many thanks from me and Charlie!

AD

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Very cute. I have an ACD mix. Train as soon and quickly as possible! And socialize!!! Definitely go to puppy classes and playgroups. Although with the normal personality of an ACD they might be a bully "herding" some other pups. Just make sure Charlie learns a lot and gets loads to do, has fun puzzle toys or kongs and other things. They're awesome dogs, they just needs lots of time, exercise and mental stimulation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank guys for the comments. Charlie is now 73 days old, and he came with me daily on my (short, no more than two hours, and slowly) hikes. He have a lot of fun, but at the end he's a bit tired and he like to rest next to my backpack. So for the moment he don't damage too much things at the house :) He also eat a lot: four meals per day!

·
Registered
6 Posts
ACD is a great breed! They are one of the healthiest purebreds out there. In addition they are one of the smartest and most energetic dog breeds as well. Just keep him busy with lots of exercise and mental games. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
What a cutie!

I love heelers, as the name suggests - That is what I have now and have started competing with. I will return to my sheps and malinois eventually but I suspect I will always have just one heeler by my side to go to work with.

Congrats on your new addition.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
I love ACDs! That's probably the last remaining breed from my herding triangle. :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Forgive me if I post so much pictures, but you seems to like Charlie's pics... :) In case just say "stop, please, mate!"

Charlie adore to run in the woods, I pick him up everyday, no matter the weather, for at least 2 hours

He want to follow us everywhere, including the bathroom :)

Also, he like to sleep just next to our feets, this is one of his favourite position ahahaha

Finally, Charlie like a lot to bite...well, everything...including my poor hands :)

Alfredo

·
Registered
951 Posts
That looks like a really great dog.

You need to start working on the biting now, he needs to know biting isn't an acceptable thing. ACDs especially, they have 'nipping at the heels' in their blood, so tend to be more interested in interacting with the world using their teeth than a lot of other breeds.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Charlie is adorable! I have Hiisi, beautiful blue mottled acd girl, born on Oct 17th 2015. I also have ACD x bordercollie mix, Motko 3 years old. They're both the best dogs ever. I guess I've found my dog breed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts