Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Austrailian Shepherd Border Collie mix. She has way more of the Aussie looks and personality though. Anyone else have an Aussie? And if you do please tell me a little bit about them:D

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've got two! Both are boys and came from the same breeder who was a friend of mine. Both of them no one picked and so I took them. They are not from the same litter though. I say their cousins! lol....Ely is a black tri and Saxon is a red tri. Ely is 6 and Sax is 3. They are smart and Ely is very protective.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Im finding that protectiveness is quite common although, Ely is rather extreme, I've met loads that are just loves and very silly. Ely is also very emotional. He is very clingy and whiney. Sax is complete opposite. So laid back, and content to let the world go by....I wish I was more like him! hahaha

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have 4! I LOOOOVE Aussies :) 3 of mine are minis, although I need to measure the pup, he might be a small standard now haha!

Buddjet is my oldest, he's about 6 years. He's a black tri. He's a good agility dog :)
Rylie is the next oldest at 1.5 years. He's turning into a good agility dog and a good herding dog. He's a red merle.
Toby the next, he's 9 months, black tri. He's the one who may be a small standard now ;) Future agilty dog?
Roxi is my standard, 6.5 month black tri. She is quite a handful! Will be an awesome agility dog and probably good herding dog!

Aussies are my favorite breed :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have an aussie mix..she is a fabulous dog! very loyal and loves kids. can be a little weary of strangers, though, but protects the family. Kinda funny to see her head drop down before she runs in to play, or when she is watching some thing very closely. lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
My wife and I have and aussie/sheltie mix..what a handful as a puppy.

Way to smart for our own good, has at times let himself out of a crate, bounced a crate across a room and pulled in our sheets..this was as a puppy mind you.

He is ultra protective...almost obessively...we can't have a play fight without him getting upset and in the middle to stop us.

Love him tho..he is starting to slow down tho..he's almost ten.

HAve agreat day
Adrian

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm actually getting an aussie puppy sometime next week we've already put on hold with the breeder. Im not sure which we're getting there are 2 we can choose from, one is a black tri and the other is a blue merle with green eyes. Itll be our first aussie but ive been researching them like mad and cant wait to get it!

·
Registered
303 Posts
We want tons of pics!! We can never get to many pics of Aussie pups! I like the merles, but Im very partial to black tri's and red tris' too-can't forget the red head!
Are they boys or girls?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Awww...come on Chey....What's one more tiny mini little Aussie??? ;) I bet with a blue merle she'd just blend right in! They camo really well.....hahahaha!

·
Registered
303 Posts
"fostering" hmmmm...;)
Well, you could do what I did with Fred, although with Fred it was true...Bring home the pup and don't say anything...heheh...when he notices, just say with wide innocent eyes: "But honey! She jumped in my truck!":D
Or you could go with "Can you believe that they were going to take this poor preciuos soul to the *gasp here for effect* shelter!?! *eyes tearing up here*.;)

See, I can "help"! hehehehehe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.