Dog Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am thinking of possibly getting an Australian Shepherd as a new addition to our family. My only concern is that I know they need lots of exercise but nobody ever tells me how much they really need. I am wondering if someone could tell me if this amount of exercise is sufficient. 2 walks, in the morning and in the evening, (I think it would be a little under a mile to the park, then I want to work up to running a mile around the park and then walk back. Also maybe some trick/ fetch training sometimes at the park) Then a good game of fetch and some tug when we get home and also later in the day, All of this would be daily and of course I would do other things to switch it up sometimes but that's mostly it. I would also like to take up backyard agility. Not competing just for fun. But it is expensive to get the equipment so it would be farther in the future. If this is not enough please tell me and tell me how much they really do need. I don't want to get this dog and then realize is needs way more then I think. Also, even if someone has replied saying the same as what you wish to say please still say it. I want as many opinions as possible. Also I would hopefully be getting a puppy so if you could tell me the exercise requirements compared to an adult that would be amazing! It would be the only dog we own, The backyard is about 1/4 an acre and fenced in with a 6ft fence and it would hopefully be a girl if that changes anything. Thank you so much for helping out! Cheers! :huddle:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts