Dog Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management

·
Premium Member
11,876 Posts
Not an official answer as I honestly don't know (it's something @Yungster or tech support will need to answer) but I am so far waiting for the forced reset because I don't know exactly what the password criteria will be.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Oh good, I was wondering what was going on when I received a password reset email but didn't request one.

Reactions: Rain

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
This is the first forum that I am on that the password sent to me worked, THANKS, I am going crazy trying to get the other forums passwords to work. Because yours worked I know I am doing the other ones right. May just have to delete their forums.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
You guys, I messed up. I didn't write down my password, and I swear I thought I knew what it was, but I got locked out like a million times today. I'd try and recover it, but my email is linked to my old university email that I haven't had access to in four years. So.....new account for me? It's LoveLola, by the way.

If it helps me get my account reset, I can corroborate this story via my personal email that I have exchanged with a few mods.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Wow! I did not get an Email so I was locked out!!! Tried a zillion times but I guess it was under my old email acct that I had to change a long long time ago!... I ended up re-registering under a 'respelled' form of my name! My account is LuvMyFluff!!! How do I get it back????

·
Administrator
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are locked out of your account and you ended up creating a new account, please PM me with your new account. You will need to verify to me that you indeed are owner of the old account you're trying to access by providing the email address connected to that account. If it matches, I'll merge the old account with the new one you created and update it with any email address you want.

Yung

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Ha hahaha!!!!! I can't even pm you cuz you need 5 posts before I can pm!!! I think this makes 5 now........so I'll try.

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community.

@Chas this should be what the notification is regarding

·
Registered
625 Posts
I can log in with the new password that D/F sent me, but once logged in, I cannot reset the password. The "change password" button is not highlighted even after I put something in that fits all the requirements. I'm stumped.

·
Registered
19 Posts
heyy,

i lost my main account (garmie) due to this password change, since i don't use email services i simply created a disposable hotmail account and that's it, now i can't remember it, if you could send me via pm the email account i used to create it i might be able to get it back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts