Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been so happy that I finally got to meet my heart breed. the papillon and even got to talk very heavy about Papillons. While there, I also got to meet my dream breed. A feathered saluki. The breeder was the only one who showed up. Beautiful breed in person.

I also got to meet rough collies. I also got to meet Clumbers. And I have to admit, I have another heart breed I thought I would never think of one as one that might work with both our needs. The Icelandic Sheepdog.

It was an all breed dog show. (They also had during the day the best of breeds) They also had group breeds. (Papillons against papillons, collies against collies ect.)

I got a few breeders that live in Alaska for Papillons so I might get a puppy from them sometime in the near future. So excited, but a lot of breed snobs though. Some of the breeders where um... you know. There were only a few I've met who were open to other breeds.

Over all, I had a great experience and hope to go to another dog show.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love dog shows too :)! It's just so much fun to see all these breeds and be able to talk to the breeders. I ran a few dog shows with James (Labrador), but it's just so much nicer to walk around and see breeds you didn't even know existed!!

Love,
Valerie

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
I always think it's a blast to go to dog shows and see all the breeds that you normally wouldn't see out. Also seeing them groomed to the nines is awesome. I have heard that you will come upon those snotty breeders though.

Reactions: natenqen

·
Registered
51 Posts
I remember when I went to my first dog show! It was a breed specific one, and I loved it!

Your story now makes me think I should DEFINITELY visit an all breed show. That will be so much fun! I love seeing all different kinds of dogs!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Papillon's are so adorable! If I had to get a small dog, I think it would be one of those guys or a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. But I love my big dogs, so... who knows if that'll ever happen!

I've only been to one dog show before, it was a great experience! I was also there to meet a breed I have a lot of interest in, everyone was very friendly despite being so focused on showing. It helped that I had been communicating with the breeds' community so I already knew some people and dogs. My aunt use to show Rotties though and she would always tell me stories about breed-snobbary (is that a word? It is now. lol).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts