Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering administering at home vacinations to my 3 dogs.
What shots are necessary?
They have had all their boosters and first year shots. I just moved about an hour from the nearest city, and to bring 3 large dogs into vet with my child in hand would be a tremendous feat. To get the Vet to come out they charge a $100 exam fee per animal and $80 for travel.
Also, with feral cats and other wild animals I worry about fleas and other parasites, what is the best preventative treatment for this?
Parvo? Distemper?
I know rabies, however not sure if able to do at home. (Canada)

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
som' states/cities whatever I don't think recognize at home vaccs...so if you have to have rabies to be legal I'd check with your local animal control and see.

Depends how you feel about vaccines...recent trends are putting dogs on a every three year schedual...I wont get into that unless you want to know more.

I think most people who do yearlies do parvo/distemp and rabies.

welcome to the forum :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Agreed! I would just phone up your vet and ask about it-they'll be able to tell you which vaccinations are recommended/required. You can then phone by law to see if your allowed to administer at home (usually we get a dog tag for rabies-so unlikely but it's worth a shot-pun intended) :)

Welcome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts