Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a video of some of the things Aspen knows. I was trying to go slow, be clear and use a high rate of reinforcement because she's starting to get anticipatory. For example, I ask for a down and she assumes I'm going to ask for roll over next. I think she did fairly well in this video. Im happy to accept tips and advice :)

https://youtu.be/dorq82LaH2A

Please excuse my appearance haha I just got back from a run.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Great job! Looking very sharp.

Maybe you've developed a pattern and she's anticipating because that's the order you've been using. Try mixing up your cues more often. Down, then sit, then down again, then spin, then roll over, then roll over again. I'd also do more reps of each cue.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Lovely job. You are rewarding too early on the down, she is not completely down. Try doing "puppy push up." Sit, down, sit, down. You can add stand once she it doing the sit, down, sit consistently to mix it up. Love the paw wave!

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lovely job. You are rewarding too early on the down, she is not completely down. Try doing "puppy push up." Sit, down, sit, down. You can add stand once she it doing the sit, down, sit consistently to mix it up. Love the paw wave!
I noticed that when I saw the video. From where I was standing, she looked all the way down. She knows stand, we just didn't do it in this video.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts