Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My older guy (he will be 6 this year) has arthritis that has recently been flaring up. He goes to the vet on Tuesday, but I thought I'd see what others have found effective. Supplements? Massages? Other medications?

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
My older guy (he will be 6 this year) has arthritis that has recently been flaring up. He goes to the vet on Tuesday, but I thought I'd see what others have found effective. Supplements? Massages? Other medications?
This stuff did wonders for my 11 year old hound. This is the dog site where you can read about it and buy it if you choose.
SUPER SNOUTS ? JOINT POWER INFORMATION
I buy the human formula here.
Swanson Premium New Zealand Green Lipped Mussel, Freeze Dried 500 mg 60 Caps - Swanson Health Products

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gloucosamine with chondrotin is often reccomended. There are lots of products and treats featuring these two ingredients as you may already know. I've been giving SeaMobility to my two elderly cats (it's cat safe) but you can definitely give it to dogs too... Ark Naturals Sea "Mobility" Joint Rescue Beef Jerky Dog Treats, 9-oz bag It seems like it has made them less stiff!

Another thing you can try is a little of the spice turmeric in the food, it's a natural anti-inflammatory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts