Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bichons arthritis is getting worse, probably because the weather is getting colder. I'm going to get her a warm pad and an orthopedic dog bed but we're thinking of asking our vet to start shots for her arthritis, does anyone have experience with those? She's on a daily supplement but that does absolutely nothing but take 80 bucks out of our account every few months. I just want her to feel better and am open to all suggestions

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
have you tried painkillers or a MSM supplement? @Rain uses a supplement with that contains that ingredient i think its cetyl M for her dogs luxatting patella and has had success with it. My dog charlie a choc lab has severe arthiritis and without synoquin and pain relief he wouldnt be here right now but is getting worse.

Reactions: Rain

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An msm supplement is what she's taking now and it doesn't do a thing for her, ill ask about pain killers, the main thing is I want her to feel better, some days she can barely walk

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
An msm supplement is what she's taking now and it doesn't do a thing for her, ill ask about pain killers, the main thing is I want her to feel better, some days she can barely walk
@crazy is right, I use Cytel M for Zody. It's different from other joint supplements in that it does not contain Chondrotin or MSM. The M stands for Myristoleate, and it's used to treat arthritis in humans, with some people saying that it gives them a lot of relief. From the reviews I've read on it by people who have used it for their dogs, most claim the dogs get at least some relief. A few claim a complete turn around and that the dogs do great and can run and play again, and some say that they noticed no improvement in their dog.

This is what I use Response Products Advanced Cetyl M Joint Action Formula Tablets Dog Supplement, 120 count

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
She's on a daily supplement but that does absolutely nothing but take 80 bucks out of our account every few months. I just want her to feel better and am open to all suggestions
Then she is taking the wrong one try this it works. My dog could hardly get up off the floor before he started this. Now he is moving great. It would be worth a try before you start things with all kinds of side effects.
SUPER SNOUTS … JOINT POWER INFORMATION
I get it like this because I think they take more care with human supplements. I got the dosage off the other site.
Swanson Premium New Zealand Green Lipped Mussel, Freeze Dried 500 mg 60 Caps - Swanson Health Products

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
My dog with osteoarthritis gets an NSAID daily. It's been very effective. He gets an NSAID blood panel every six months to monitor liver and kidney function.

I've known some dogs to get relief from the Adequin if that's the injection you're talking about. Some dogs it doesn't seem to help much.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
my charlie gets previcox for pain relief i just couldnt remember the name of it last night after intense dog training class

1 - 7 of 7 Posts