Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever been scammed before? Luckily I haven't.. I said to a scammer why are u scamming people and she said Have I scammed u, And another person almost got scammed on Facebook, He said he needed the money, and then he said I hope u find another pup.馃槒

Super Moderator
They try all the time- my favourite is allegedly from a broadband provider - I love to keep them on the line as long as I can before telling them they are nor my broadband company. Even better when they then accuse me of wasting their time!

Have a look at this guy, he is really funny.

Registered
I had one who kept calling and saying he was from microsoft.. I said youre not, I said I have mac, I told him I was calling the police nothing stopped him...
Then one day I lost my temper... Hello madam , my name is Nish and I am calling from Microsoft, your computer is in serious danger from being hacked... came the familiar speech...

I yelled back No youre not, youre just some nasty little Indian scammer....

Madam , how dare you... How dare you talk to me like that ,I am not Indian..I madam,, I am Bangladeshi.

With that he hung up and to this day Ive never had another call from them!

* please note I dont mean any offense I was just amused that this scammer was so angry about me getting his nationality wrong that they seem to have blacklisted me!

Registered
I had one who kept calling and saying he was from microsoft.. I said youre not, I said I have mac, I told him I was calling the police nothing stopped him...
Then one day I lost my temper... Hello madam , my name is Nish and I am calling from Microsoft, your computer is in serious danger from being hacked... came the familiar speech...

Madam , how dare you... How dare you talk to me like that ,I am not Indian..I madam,, I am Bangladeshi.

* please note I dont mean any offense I was just amused that this scammer was so angry about me getting his nationality wrong that they seem to have blacklisted me!
I understand that you might not mean to offend anyone but why use it in a negative remark then? Regardless of your intention it is offensive.

Registered
I understand that you might not mean to offend anyone but why use it in a negative remark then? Regardless of your intention it is offensive.
actually my no offence remark intended to say I realised that not everybody from India is a scammer however this man sounded Indian to my ears I'm sorry I can't differentiate between an Indian Accent and a Bangladeshi one.
my remark was intended to convey that he did not respond to threats of police or to my confronting him that he was a scammer and not from Microsoft it was purely when I got his nationality wrong that he became offended and has not rung back
there was nothing offensive in my remark or racist about it so please don't try and insinuate that there was what should I say a human man called me and I called him out for being human and he said he wasn't ?don't be so ridiculous.

Registered
actually my no offence remark intended to say I realised that not everybody from India is a scammer however this man sounded Indian to my ears I'm sorry I can't differentiate between an Indian Accent and a Bangladeshi one.
my remark was intended to convey that he did not respond to threats of police or to my confronting him that he was a scammer and not from Microsoft it was purely when I got his nationality wrong that he became offended and has not rung back
there was nothing offensive in my remark or racist about it so please don't try and insinuate that there was what should I say a human man called me and I called him out for being human and he said he wasn't ?don't be so ridiculous.
In the situation it wasn鈥檛 relevant whether he was Indian or not. I鈥檓 sure Microsoft have offices in India, as well as workers from india in other parts of the world. There was absolutely no need to include his ethnicity in your insult. And there鈥檚 a difference in how you include someones ethnicity. Calling someone a 鈥渘asty little indian scammer鈥 for sure is offensive and if you don鈥檛 understand that you need to check your awareness regarding the subject.

Microsoft it was purely when I got his nationality wrong that he became offended and has not rung back
I don鈥檛 believe he got offended because you got his nationality wrong but because you tried to use his nationality in a condescending way and as a negative aspect.

what should I say a human man called me and I called him out for being human and he said he wasn't ?don't be so ridiculous.
Oh no, I don鈥檛 think you understand. I鈥檓 telling you that you shouldn鈥檛 have 鈥渃alled him out鈥 on being Indian in first place. What does his ethnicity have to do with the situation?

Super Moderator
I appreciate this discussion is being conducted in a reasonable manner on both sides, this is just a gentle request to keep it so.

Registered
In the situation it wasn鈥檛 relevant whether he was Indian or not. I鈥檓 sure Microsoft have offices in India, as well as workers from india in other parts of the world. There was absolutely no need to include his ethnicity in your insult. And there鈥檚 a difference in how you include someones ethnicity. Calling someone a 鈥渘asty little indian scammer鈥 for sure is offensive and if you don鈥檛 understand that you need to check your awareness regarding the subject.

I don鈥檛 believe he got offended because you got his nationality wrong but because you tried to use his nationality in a condescending way and as a negative aspect.

Oh no, I don鈥檛 think you understand. I鈥檓 telling you that you shouldn鈥檛 have 鈥渃alled him out鈥 on being Indian in first place. What does his ethnicity have to do with the situation?
excuse me... who took the phone call where you here in my living room when this man continuously phoned me ? And tried to rob me? No

I am not in an english-speaking country yet these people continuously phone pretending to be from Microsoft speaking english , its obvious that they are scammers.
Microsoft would not call us speaking English .

are we now at a point where we cannot mention a person's accent without being called out of a racist ?for crying out loud I am damn sure that if most people heard me speak they wouldn't know if it was Dutch German Friesian or Vlaams, would I be offended ? of course not because I understand that most people haven't got a clue the difference between these languages ...
you really are making a mountain out of a molehill now go be offended somewhere else.

Registered
excuse me... who took the phone call where you here in my living room when this man continuously phoned me ? And tried to rob me? No

I am not in an english-speaking country yet these people continuously phone pretending to be from Microsoft speaking english , its obvious that they are scammers.
Microsoft would not call us speaking English .
I鈥檓 not questioning that he was a scammer. I鈥檓 saying that it was unnecessary to use someones nationality in a condescending way.

are we now at a point where we cannot mention a person's accent without being called out of a racist ?
It鈥檚 not that you labeled him to be from a particular country but that you used his nationality as a negative aspect.

for crying out loud I am damn sure that if most people heard me speak they wouldn't know if it was Dutch German Friesian or Vlaams, would I be offended ? of course not because I understand that most people haven't got a clue the difference between these languages ...
Again, it鈥檚 not about you getting his accent or nationality wrong but that you used it in a invective way.

you really are making a mountain out of a molehill now go be offended somewhere else.
Please stop diminishing me and stop being rude. You should be able to keep a conversation without being unnecessarily rude.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
They try all the time- my favourite is allegedly from a broadband provider - I love to keep them on the line as long as I can before telling them they are nor my broadband company. Even better when they then accuse me of wasting their time!

Have a look at this guy, he is really funny.

Lol! Wow!

Registered
Discussion Starter #12

That is what gets on my nerves馃槺..... I hate people who try and scam u..馃槫 Luckily I'm smart enough and don't fall for they're stupid tricks..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts