Dog Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any experience with giving Apple Cider Vinegar to their dogs? I've heard from several people that it had a positive effect on their dogs and have done some research as well and was thinking about starting my dogs on it.
Do you add it to the water or the food? what do you do if the dog doesnt like it?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi.
I see this is a bit older post, but since you did not get any responses, I thought I'd at least share my limited knowledge of this...

I have never given it to my dogs, but I do put it in my stock tanks (water) for my horses.
I know it benefits their digestion, and is also suppose to be a fly/bug repellent.
I would imagine in the right amounts it would have the same benefits for dogs?
Have you searched for more info on the internet, or talked to your vet?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
This is off topic but I haven't heard of giving horses apple cider vinegar but I think that if it's good for dogs it could be good for them too. But I was wondering how much do you add and do you measure it out per horse or ?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Does anybody have any experience with giving Apple Cider Vinegar to their dogs? I've heard from several people that it had a positive effect on their dogs and have done some research as well and was thinking about starting my dogs on it.
Do you add it to the water or the food? what do you do if the dog doesnt like it?
Thanks!!
You can do both. The vinegar should be the cold pressed kind.I use the regular kind you see at the market to clean ears and for a rinse after bathing. Apple cider vinegar put the PH back into where ever you put it, in the stomach on the skin in the ears. It also kills bacteria in the ears and on the skin. Most dogs don't even notice its on the food or in the water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.