Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Border Tollie is now 22 weeks and has been teething for the past 8. His appetite has never been as expected, but now he's barely eating anything unless he's hand fed. He vomited last night, bringing up kibble and this morning bringing up saliva. He hasn't eaten anything since 9 o'clock last night. In the past two days he's lost 2 large teeth and I'm wondering if it's related.?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
If he is not eating and drinking and keeping it down, by now, its time for a trip to the Vets. When you say he lost two 'large teeth' do you mean two large baby teeth, or two permanent teeth?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If he is not eating and drinking and keeping it down, by now, its time for a trip to the Vets. When you say he lost two 'large teeth' do you mean two large baby teeth, or two permanent teeth?
He's now lost four baby teeth, that we know of... all large back teeth.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How is he doing as far as eating & keeping it down?
He's eating as long as it's out of our hands and he's keeping it down okay now. He refuses to eat from his bowl and if we refuse to hand feed him, he won't eat at all.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
As long as he is eating, keeping it down and not losing weight and drinking water so he stay well hydrated, he should be OK. He is basically working you now, because he can, and probably loves the attention he gets with the hand feeding. I suspect, as his appetite improves, he will become hungry enough that he will sometimes forget to require you to hand feed. Do what you need to do, to keep his weight up, at least for now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My pup is teething too. He was also giving me a hard time about eating. I started soaking his food in water and he’s happy to eat it like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts