Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm absolutely horrible at guessing breeds. My wife and I are looking for a puppy but don't want a Pit Bull Mix at this time. This dog is at our local Boxer rescue and he's listed as a "Boxer mix." Are there any tell tale signs that this dog looks like a Pit Bull/Boxer mix? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,779 Posts
He could be a pit mix, he could be a boxer mix, he could be a mastiff mix. All those mixes can easily get lumped under pit bull even if they don't have a drop of APBT blood in them.

Any reason why you don't want a pit mix? They are awesome dogs that have gotten a bad rap from people lumping any dog with a square head and stocky body into the pit bull category. If you are worried about insurance, or BSL laws, most would classify that poor pup as a pit bull even if the rescue could show you the pups mother and father with neither being a pit bull

·
Registered
98 Posts
The OP may want to know because he does not want people (neighbors/landlord) making an assumption and was looking for our opinion. I'd say he looks boxer by the face, but he is definitely a mix. His coloring implies 'mix' - and could well be pittie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts