Dog Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 15 month old mixed dog. She is gorgeous in color and personality. We got her at the shelter at 3 months old last year. She has the most stunning green eyes, but the rest..yea, not sure. I thought maybe flat coat retreiver, and aussie (eyes) but not sure. She is 62 pounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi and Welcome to the forum! You have some very cute pups there! If I were to hazard a guess, I see Aussie in her deffinately. But, maybe either Border Collie or Lab. Does she have webbed toes? Thanks for sharing your pics!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, she does, and big padded feet. the middle dog is not ours. She belongs to a friend of mine. Just the black and brown one. lol Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well, then I'd say Lab and Aussie would be my guess then!!!:) I've can see where Flat Coated Retiever might be in the wood pile though. Are they common in your area? I myself have only ever met one. She was black and goofy. And sweet as pie. She looked like a lab and golden cross, but it turned out she was a flat coated ret.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea, I have seen them in this country area, but not a liver color like her. She definitely is goofy, and loves to give kisses.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Her liver color probably comes from the Aussie. I have a Red Tri that is her color. She is a little darker then him.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I see lab in her, and Aussie definatly, if she has webbed toes she probably has lab in herm ny dogs do though they are terrified of water :p She is cute! Her face features seem like a lab to me

·
Registered
303 Posts
LOL Belle and Jack! You see Lab in her head I see Aussie in her head specifically her ears and teeth!

·
Registered
20 Posts
She is so pretty! My first thought was a chocolate lab and a golden retriever got together but then I thought she looked like a water spaniel I used to have, except for the coloring. Like a smaller golden with less hair, finer boned. She's really cute, whatever she is!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
she definitely does not like the water...no baths and no swimming, not even the hose. I also thought a little of aussie b/c of the way she noses us around the house trying to make sure we are all together. Or lowers her head before she runs to play with my pom. Really cute to watch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think your flat coated retriever x aussie makes a lot of sense. Like others said, I could see lab, but flat coated retrievers are similar looking... I would definitely agree with the Aussie though...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Petsmart has a thing through their banfield hosp. that will help you to identify your dogs make up, you swap their mouth and send it in, I havent used it before but it seems simple enough, its like $30 and takes a couple of weeks for the results but it could be worth a try. She is beautiful!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I def. see lab. She kind of looks like my dog (not in color though).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts