Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, Hope you are all doing well. I am planning to own a Merle French Bulldog, but I am also little confuse as it's relatively a new variation of the French Bulldogs. Moreover, it's also not recognized by the American Kennel Club. But I am very impressed by their beautiful fur, and rare blue eyes.
Anybody here owning a Merle French Bulldog? I just wanted to know about their health, and behavior. Are these dogs good for the families? Please let me know if any one own this special variation of Merle French Bulldog. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
4,892 Posts
I have removed the link as linking to sales sites is not permitted.

But honestly? French Bulldogs are beset with health problems already, the last thing I'd do is intentionally add even more risk with non-standard colouring. The reason non-standard colours are not recognised is because they contribute to health issues. And, the merle will have come from another breed, so you would be buying an extortionately priced mongrel.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Um, a merle coat isn’t a whole new variation, it’s just a coat color. They don’t have different personalities, different exercise needs, nothing. So all you needed to do is ask for people who have experience with Frenchies.
Also, merle is linked to health issues! Why would you want your dog to suffer just for another coat color? The only way I would support you getting a merle Frenchie is if you found them at either a rescue or a shelter, and that would be very hard to do.
Sorry if this is overly critical, but there is no way I would be supporting merle dogs!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts