Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My pup got snipped today and this is my first time ever dealing with this. Is there anything I can do to make him comfortable or make things easier to keep him quiet. He is still very drowsy from the anesthesia so he has been in his crate since he got home. He had pain meds the vet gave me to give him for the next few days. Thanks in advance! So far he is doing great and not licking the incision or stitches. Pic is of him after I picked him up at the vet.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Pretty dog. Did they give you any meds for him? I had 2. One for pain and one to reduce swelling. He did swell up and looked like he still had his testicles. My dog had to wear an e-collar or he would have picked at the stitches.

·
Registered
54 Posts
One thing that helped Kiko when he got neutered was that I got him a donut for around his neck to stop him from chewing the stitches. The vet had given him an e collar but he hated it and he was alarmed at the sight of the donut at first, but once he hadt it on he actually was calmed by it. He realized that it was like a big fluffy pillow that was always there, and it made him take cozy naps. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty dog. Did they give you any meds for him? I had 2. One for pain and one to reduce swelling. He did swell up and looked like he still had his testicles. My dog had to wear an e-collar or he would have picked at the stitches.
They just gave me pain meds. She told me that where he is so small and only 6 months she doesn't think he will have much swelling. I have an cone for him but he's been good at not going after his stitches so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing that helped Kiko when he got neutered was that I got him a donut for around his neck to stop him from chewing the stitches. The vet had given him an e collar but he hated it and he was alarmed at the sight of the donut at first, but once he hadt it on he actually was calmed by it. He realized that it was like a big fluffy pillow that was always there, and it made him take cozy naps.
I haven't seen a donut one around. I'll have to take a look. I have the cone for now but so far he is leaving it alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts