Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I just found out my dogs is a Spanierd (Springer x German Shep) I would love to connect with other owners of this breed to compare notes as there is very limited info on it!

·
Registered
291 Posts
That's a pretty unusual breed combo, so it's probably unlikely that you are going to find anyone else with that exact same mix.

Do you have any pictures? I'd love to see what your dog looks like.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
There's limited info on it because it's not an actual "Breed" it's a mix, or some people call them "Hybrids" because they're just from two different breeds. You can't get much information on them because unlike a purebred that's been bred for certain looks, personality traits, size, energy level, etc. for generations, this is just a mix that will be a total surprise in terms of all those qualities. Basically you just need to look up facts about both your dog's breeds and see which ones apply to him. It sounds like an interesting looking dog! Also, where did you get a dog like this?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spanierd

Hi thanks- I have found one other owner in the uK - if you type Spanierd into google it comes up with her pics...my pics of mine are on here if you look under my other thread or here are some more recent ones.....

I got him from a family friend who breeds spaniels and rescues other dogs...basically one of the rescues turned out not to be neared properly by the vet who is under investigation for this...so he got one of her spaniels pregnant...two pups survived out of the litter, mine and another which is chocolate and white....very distinctive but energy and naughty!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Very cute pup!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
How is it you do a neuter and you leave the testicles?! But yes she is very cute with nice fuzzy ears. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
We had a German Shepherd/Spinger Spaniel mix that we absolutely loved more than anything. We actually got his DNA tested because we were so unsure of what he was! But his temperament was the best I've ever experienced. Sweet, SMART(!), cuddly, adaptable, and hilarious. He would carry his bowl to us when he wanted something or when he was all excited that we got home from work he would grab a shoe and carry it around while whining. If we ignored him for too long (like while watching a long movie), he would sit literally RIGHT in front of the TV and stare at us. We would LOVE to have a 'Spanierd' again. He died in January of lymphoma.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts