Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - this weekend we noticed a black/dark bloody bump under our 13 year old lab's ear. We thought it could be a tick but it's definitely part of her. Could it be a blood blister? Something else we haven't considered?

We have a vet appointment this week but wanted to see if anyone has seen something like this before! It's very dark except on small spot looks skin colored.

image processing service

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
I have no idea what they are called but I always called them old lady bumps. Like fatty deposits. Little tumors. Probably something good to have the vet take a look but I've noticed that older dogs will get bumps.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Bumps are just that... bumps. Until proven otherwise by a cytology or biopsy. Not really anyway to know for certain what that is by looking at it... some bumps I have gotten pretty good at guessing correctly what they are after 30 years of doing this, but still most are mysteries that either need solving, or just remain mysteries while we just watch to see what they do next. Most do nothing next. Some disappear. Some grow slowly. Some get nasty looking fast (this last category are definitely in need of removal and diagnosis, though one could argue the same for all bumps, really). Just isn't always financially a good choice to remove every bump and have histopathology run on it, though in an ideal world that's what would happen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts