Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea what breed Sadie is? The shelter said she was Blue Heeler and Border Collie. I do not believe that but the vet said she was greyhound. I think they're full of it, but I wanted to see what you guys think. She about 13-14 weeks and she's roughly 10-15 lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I don't believe she has any Greyhound or Heeler. Many rescues and sometimes even vets will fib or make a stretch of a breed "Guess" with bully breeds because people are much less likely to adopt or even keep a dog with any "Pit Bull" in them. She is a bully breed mix, and Border Collie being in the mix is possible as well. Very cute!

·
Registered
547 Posts
It's just what shelters do. As for the vet, I don't think that they really know that much about breeds. One vet said that the brother of my (late) Mauka was a Rottweiler even though I KNOW he was part herding breed and part boxer/bulldog.
This week the vet said that my Hopper and Cricket are Rottweilers too! They are black lab and hound mixes.

Your dog is very pretty, and I agree with Traciek88 about her breed mix... bully breed + collie mix.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't believe she has any Greyhound or Heeler. Many rescues and sometimes even vets will fib or make a stretch of a breed "Guess" with bully breeds because people are much less likely to adopt or even keep a dog with any "Pit Bull" in them. She is a bully breed mix, and Border Collie being in the mix is possible as well. Very cute!
SO TRUE! I have seen pictures of dogs online described as Labradors mix, just to increase the chance of adoption.. Even when it's clearly a pitbull mix, with no Labrador signs whatsoever!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
definitively some kind of bully breed mix. :)

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
They might have stuck to the fib even if you said you wanted a bully breed because they didn't want to look like they were being dishonest. Maybe they did bring her out for you because they realized you'd be ok with a bully breed.

Reactions: purplesully
1 - 7 of 7 Posts