Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I've had Benji for 6 months and people are always asking me what he is and I always just say "I'm not sure, he's a rescue..."

The pound had him listed as a staffy x. He is about 27kgs and quite athletic! I know he has staffy in him but I can't pick the other half! Some of the suggestions I've had have been mastiff or ridgeback... He has big ears and (my favourite) wrinkles under his jaw!

I personally love him to bits and it doesn't bother me but it'd be nice to have something to tell people when they ask!

If you have any ideas let me know! ?

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
I def see some staff or bully breed in him but I think im seeing a bit of weimeraner too with his eyes being that light colour. if he had ridgeback in him he would be inclined to have the ridge on his back - depending on how dominant that gene was.
He is a stunning looking dog :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
His coat looks dilute to me, which would give him those light eyes. I see some type of bully mix, maybe some lab. I don't think mastiff though.

Reactions: purplesully

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
They're fairly rare but I think he loos like he has some Chesapeake Bay Retriever in him. More likely though he's a hound mixed with a bully breed and maybe Lab too.

Reactions: purplesully

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies! I should mention we are in Australia :)

I personally have always thought he was mixed with some kind of hound! When he is out walking his nose is on the ground and his ears hang forward and he looks like a mini bloodhound or something!

His coat is really interesting, it's got a really faint brindle in some areas but his face and legs are completely solid!

·
Registered
917 Posts
If he has some solid areas he has some type of markings, but I'm not real knowledgeable on the names. He could have tan points, normally you see the brindle in the red, though there is reverse brindle too. Actually it can all get kind of confusing. Whatever he is he is beautiful, I've always loved brindle dogs. I think I mostly see lab, and labs can carry brindle and points too. If you are interested in genetics at all this site is interesting, Dog Coat Colour Genetics

1 - 9 of 9 Posts