Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We rescued Daisy a few weeks ago and we are trying to figure out what she is. She is was listed as a Redtick Coonhound mix. Her personality is that of a RTC to a T. She’s very sweet, loves human attention, loves napping, has been incredibly stubborn with training, loves comfortable things and being on the couch and in the bed and her bark is very loud and bellowing. We think she’s mixed because, although she does have red ticks on her belly and paws, she is mostly a solid color. The ticks are hard to see in the attached picture because they’re pretty light spots. Her brother had the more classic redtick spots. We think she might be mixed with a lab or maybe a mutt with many different breeds. Anyone have any guesses? She’s 5 months and weighs about 35 pounds. We’re wondering how big she’ll get. Also if anyone has any Coonhound advice we’ll take it. This is our first hound, we’ve only had boxers and goldens in the past! Thank you!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
She looks like she could be part Redbone Coonhound or even Rhodesian Ridgeback. All of the Bluetick/Redtick Coonhounds I've encountered have always had the roan coloration/ticking. Even most mixes do. She looks lighter than most Redbones or Rhodesians, they're typically more of a "rust" color.

The first picture is a Rhodesian, the second is a Redbone.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
OMG she's so cute! I love the first pic. I agree with that, although do you think she might have some black mouth cur? I love **** hounds. I just adopted a hound and Shepherd mix pup. Also my friend has a black mouth cur mix that looks a lot like her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts