Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 3 months ago I started working for a second generation groomer who has a shop that she has operated for the last 20 years. The conditions in her shop are atrocious. Vaccination records are NEVER checked, kennels are never cleaned, and the worst of it all is that she and another young lady (her apprentice) abuse the dogs regularly. They hit them hard. No matter if the dog is very young, very old, blind, muzzled and then sometimes just for "good measure". It's sickening. The owner doesn't treat people any better so this last weekend I walked out. It is really bothering me but I don't know how to go about getting anything done about it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Instead of leaving I would have taken pictures, recordings, any sort of evidence of abuse and mistreatment. I would then report them to the proper authorities, as well as post the evidence online to make consumers aware.

You can still report them and review them online without evidence, but it will probably be harder.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Around here one call to the local humane society, will trigger an investigation, and if abuse is verified, they are not shy about prosecuting.

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Around here one call to the local humane society, will trigger an investigation, and if abuse is verified, they are not shy about prosecuting.
Yep. I have no time for anyone that deals out abuse, humane society will typically show no mercy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.