Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog is 11 now, but recently he was playing with another dog, and she bit him on the neck while they were playing. He wasn't hurt or anything, but he was very scared after the incident. That night he was shaking, which is something he does when he's scared, and obsessively licking his paws. He's been fine sense until today, when I was petting him and out of no where he jumped and started shaking again. It looks like the cycle is gonna start again tonight, and hes currently panting. We rescued him when he was a year and a half old, but we don't know exactly what was happening in the house. I'm not sure if this is all related to what happened to him before we rescued him, and his slight aversion from other dogs, or if he's just getting old, and maybe experiencing dementia. I highly doubt he's hurt from him playing, but if anyone has any ideas of what this could be, I would love to hear them. I know this was a long post, I apologize.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Age can increase anxiety, in dogs and humans. I would talk to your Vet, there may be some medication he or she can prescribe to help him cope better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts