Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I joined, because somewhere in the Dominican Republic, there is a dog that (if the home visit goes well) will be mine sometime in January.
I'm really super excited, and just want to talk about dogs and plan and brush up on my training skills/knowledge in anticipation.
This in Nino.
(erg, okay, I do not know how to get an image loaded, I just end up with a url to the image)
Nino's a border collie mix that looks pretty much like a typical border collie, he looks super alert and black and white and gorgeous and he has one blue eye and one brown eye and has half-cocked ears. Pretty.
Would like to know which sub-forums to ask questions about 'getting ready for dog adoption visit' & canine freestyle/dog dancing moves. For now.
I've had three previous dogs (GSD's) and my last dearest did rally-obedience, agility, and therapy dog, not to mention hiking, frisbee, swimming.

Reactions: Rileysaur

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

trying to post a pic, still not working.
I have him in the pictures section.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Welcome!

The General Dog Discussion forum for the first one and the dog sports forum for the second :)

Gonna go take a look at your pup right now, I'm a fellow Border Collie owner too :)

EDIT: Couldn't find a picture but if you sign up with Photobucket you can upload videos there and when you've uploaded it, it'll come up with a bunch of links, copy the one for forums and you can paste them into your messages on here and the picture will come up :) I too had major issues uploading pictures before

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much. I'll see if I can find my photobucket account, if I have one, or flickr, I just don't use them. Buster's cute. Love your sig picture.
Does he have those 'never stop moving laser eyes'? BC's seem to have that alot. My last german shepherd had them for car rides and all activities, but she'd settle down in the house.
Here's a link to his album. Last nights update is, likes car rides and jumped right in. Yay. He should enjoy travelling too.
http://www.dogforum.com/members/135833/album/waiting-nino-6433/

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thanks so much. I'll see if I can find my photobucket account, if I have one, or flickr, I just don't use them. Buster's cute. Love your sig picture.
Does he have those 'never stop moving laser eyes'? BC's seem to have that alot. My last german shepherd had them for car rides and all activities, but she'd settle down in the house.
Here's a link to his album. Last nights update is, likes car rides and jumped right in. Yay. He should enjoy travelling too.
http://www.dogforum.com/members/135833/album/waiting-nino-6433/
Thank you! He does in a way, like if we were play fetch it with the flirt pole he'll be locked in. He's very chill for a Bordee Collie, like in the house he's a lazy lump but when it's time for a hike or training he would go all way. We haven't had to teach much of an off switch he's just got it naturally which I'm very grateful for haha

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! He does in a way, like if we were play fetch it with the flirt pole he'll be locked in. He's very chill for a Bordee Collie, like in the house he's a lazy lump but when it's time for a hike or training he would go all way. We haven't had to teach much of an off switch he's just got it naturally which I'm very grateful for haha
Sounds perfect.

·
Premium Member
11,876 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I am competing in Rally FrEe and train in Freestyle (starting a first comp routine right now) with one of my dogs. I'm always happy to talk freestyle!:)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum!
I am competing in Rally FrEe and train in Freestyle (starting a first comp routine right now) with one of my dogs. I'm always happy to talk freestyle!:)
If you've posted any videos of practice sessions, I want to see them, please. Being currently dogless is frustrating, so it's fun to make plans.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.