Dog Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long before an answered ‘unanswered thread’ moves from the ‘unanswered thread’ section into ‘new posts’? I responded to one at 17.58 hours, at 18.30 is still in the unanswered section.

Why aren’t my new posts showing in ‘new posts’ but posts made long before me (even ‘yesterday’s posts’) are coming up as the latest posts?

I use IE, Firefox and Chrome browsers and all have the above problem. Clicking on the ‘refresh’ button makes no difference. :ponder:

·
Registered
104 Posts
If you were the last forum user to respond to the post, the post will generally "disappear" from the new posts board until another user has answered as well.

It's the same with any new topic you start, it will not show up for you on the "new posts" forum until another user has responded. (at least, this has been my experience)

If you want to find topics you have participated in, click on the "Quick Links" menu in the upper right portion of the forum page, and then click on "Subscribed Threads" (near the bottom of the menu, under "miscellaneous").

Reactions: icemaiden

·
Registered
104 Posts
Certainly seems to work differently from other forums.
It definitely takes some getting used to! I was very puzzled when I was first using the forum.

Reactions: icemaiden

·
Premium Member
11,876 Posts
Not really sure on the issue you had with the unanswered threads...
The only thing that should be popping up under ''unaswered threads" (top of page in green bar) are threads with just the original post (0 replies). When someone, including the op posts a second post in the thread it should no longer be there.

"New posts'' should just be threads with posts you have not yet seen. If you read a thread and/or post then it's not going to show up under ''new posts'' for you (you just saw it the thread) but will for others. When someone posts something after the last time you viewed the thread, it will show up again in new posts for you.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have just captured a screenshot showing answered thread in the unanswered section. When I figure out how to upload it, I will.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
View attachment ~$reenshot.doc

And if I respond to a lot of unanswered posts, they all stay in the unanswered section. I don't know how long but the one I was monitoring was still there at least 30 minutes after me posting. I then gave up monitoring. Just assumed it's a quirk of this website. Has always like this.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The attachment in my previous post won't open. I have several other screenshots of the unanswered section, clearly showing replies, but don't see to be able to upload them as either .doc or .pdf as they seem to be over the permitted 19.5 kb.

·
Administrator
1,203 Posts
Hi there,

Thanks for your screenshots. Every now and then, the database has a "hiccup" and the unanswered threads that get answered don't refresh as quick as we like. That's likely what happened in the cases you cited. I checked just now and the first 10 pages of unanswered threads are still, well, unanswered. :)

Yung

1 - 12 of 12 Posts