Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Um... so I don't usually post a lot on here, but I do read a lot of them. I'm always really interested in the posts like this, and I've been thinking of doing this for a little while, so I thought might as well get opinions on our resident rescue mutt. :D We're pretty sure we know what she is but I wanted some more opinions just in case we overlooked something or see if anyone else thinks what we think. Please keep it civil and stuff. Posting ,for some reason, gives me anxiety and I fear what people might say. I know it's a little irrational but you know...

We call her Buttercup and think she's about 10 or 11 months old. She has cream colored fur, a black mask, and a tiny white mark on the top of her head. Her tail curls at the bottom and she brings it up when she's excited. She has dewclaws on her back legs. She has a medium length double coat. She's very athletic and can jump about 5 feet straight up from a standstill if she wants. She's an escape artist and will find a way to dig, climb, or jump out of anything if she's bored of it and has on many occasions. She has a deep, loud, mountain dog type bark. She's probably around 21-25 inches tall at the shoulder. I haven't actually measured, I'm just guesstimating based on her height versus the other dogs' heights. I don't know her weight and the pictures aren't very recent. In the pics she's about 5 or 6:confused: months I think but I could be wrong? I can try to take some more if anybody asks for more. The pics were all taken with a phone so I don't know how the quality will be. I can't think of anything else... Sorry it was so long, I just wanted to give as much info as possible.:p Please give your opinions and questions, if any, below.

And FINALLY here she is. (Sorry, pics are probably heavy.)

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
looks some kind of lifestock guarding breed mix, I suppose. perhaps is Chien de Montagne pyrénées in it.
you'll have a lot of fun with her after she mature... they are special dogs... depending on your lifestyle they can be a bit difficult though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks some kind of lifestock guarding breed mix, I suppose. perhaps is Chien de Montagne pyrénées in it.
you'll have a lot of fun with her after she mature... they are special dogs... depending on your lifestyle they can be a bit difficult though.
That's one of the breeds we think she's mixed with too. Yeah, we've already figured out she's very special! Lol! She acts a lot like what I've read how LGD and Great Pyrenees act. The first time we took her to the vet we coincidently ran into a lady with a Pyrenees pup. She looked alot like him except he had badger markings. She said the same thing you did about them being special types of dogs. Lol!

Beautiful.

I see features of Anatolian Shepherd/Kangal/Turkish breed of livestock guardian.
We are suspecting she is Great Pyrenees mixed with Anatolian Shepherd. There seem to be a few people breeding them around here too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts