Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found these at Walmart:

Do they look ok? I feel like I'm being obsessive here, but I haven't got any experience with meat (as I mentioned in earlier thread). Are they cut up too small for a 40 lb husky?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe I should give more info. I am trying to find turkey necks to use for teeth-cleaning purposes.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Whole, uncut ones are really the ones you want. If your dog will chew those , they should be ok. If he wants to try to gulp with no chewing I wouldn't use them. I would continue to look for a smaller store with a butcher who can give you whole uncut ones.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whole, uncut ones are really the ones you want. If your dog will chew those , they should be ok. If he wants to try to gulp with no chewing I wouldn't use them. I would continue to look for a smaller store with a butcher who can give you whole uncut ones.
Thanks. He is a pretty methodical eater. I don't think gulping would be an issue, so I might give these a try. However I just found another store that sells raw turkey necks in bulk. Might be a better option, we'll see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts