Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is at the local shelter, so it's the only photo I have. She's 3 years old, about 33 pounds, and has short legs and a very stout body. German Shepherd, dachshund, Bassett Hound? I'm new to this. Let me know what you think, we're on the search for a new pup.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I definitely see Rottie in there. The color, the wide chest and paws. Maybe some beagle. She looks very similar to my rott/beagle mix, who's about 28 lbs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, I totally see that now. I even found a pic of a doberman/beagle mix that looks a lot like her, but not sure the body is thick enough.

Thank you! They a recognized hybrid breed (whatever that means): Reagle

·
Registered
406 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong calling her a Beagle mix. Probably with some other hound breed.

...Thank you! They a recognized hybrid breed (whatever that means): Reagle
Just a slick way to get unsuspecting people to pay a lot of money for a mixed breed dog. Simply put, recognized breeds can be shown in reputable breed registries like the ones in this link Registries, Canine Registry, AKC, UKC, FCI. There is a lot involved to be recognized as a breed in these clubs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed. Beagle mix. They register hybrids, but the name is more just for the fun of it. This is fun, thanks everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts