Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who for fun has done the animal planet dog breed selector?
I answered excatly what i can give a dog and got bearded collie, alaskan malamute, german short haired pointer, gordon setter, irish setter, english pointer, standard poodle.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just did the american kennel club one and got border collie, brittany spaniel, entulbucher mountain dog, finnish spitz, flat coated retriever, german pinscher, german short haired pointer, german wire haired pointer, harrier, grand basset griffon vendeen

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
Just as a point of interest, the Brittany is just a Brittany; no 'spaniel'. A good friend has one, owners are quite particular!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just as a point of interest, the Brittany is just a Brittany; no 'spaniel'. A good friend has one, owners are quite particular!
Thanks for the tip👍
All my books as a kid said brittany spaniel in them so ive just always known them as that.

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
A lot of people still do, and the Brittany people get rather prickly - it's quite funny in a way!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A lot of people still do, and the Brittany people get rather prickly - it's quite funny in a way!
Id probably be the same as them😃
I just did quick research and it turns out they were originaly brittany spaniel and over time most not all countrys changed to brittany. Australia only changed it in 1998. Thats something knew ive learnt today😊

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just did the american kennel club one and got border collie, brittany spaniel, entulbucher mountain dog, finnish spitz, flat coated retriever, german pinscher, german short haired pointer, german wire haired pointer, harrier, grand basset griffon vendeen
With most of those the first challenge would be to find them

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With most of those the first challenge would be to find them
I actualy saw an irish setter being walked today localy. On my local walks quite a few harriers and gsp. Lots of borders and a few malamutes and a few standard poodles. Funnily enough a few streets away theres a
gbgvendeen that the owner said im the only one who ever correctly guessed his breed. He was so excited that someone knew what it was. Although he did correct my pronunciation☺

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just took them animal planet was dead on with toy poodle and akc gave me a boston terrier (which I wouldn't be interested in owning in the least.). I liked the animal planet one better because it gave me an option about what size I wanted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have taken the Animal Planet dog breed selector quiz. I always get Rough Collie as my only match, 97% match! I am surprised by that since I never really thought of Rough Collies as my type of dog since I always thought collies were demanding, high energy dogs. I've long wanted a large but laid-back dog like a Newfoundland. But lately I've been researching Rough Collies because I always seem to match with them on dog breed selectors online.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts