Dog Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this site and hoping I can get some help with my 10 year dog Milo. About 2 1/2 months ago Milo was diagnosed with anaplasmosis after a few nights in the hospital and multiple tests. We brought him in because he was very lethargic and becoming very limp. All tests came back negative, but his platelet count was very low, so the Dr did a more extensive tick panel. They said he had anaplasmosis and treated him with antibiotics and steroids. On a side note, we always keep his Frontline and tick preventatives up to date.
After a month of steroids and all of the side effects that came with it, Milo's platelets count is back to normal. Now he has been off of the treatment for about 1 1/2 months and he is doing a lot better, but not 100%. He has trouble jumping up on the couch and walking up the stairs. He used to love long walks, but now after walking around the block he starts to limp. He used to run around all day and play with his toys, but now, not so much. The doctor says that this is normal and he will most likely be like this for the rest of his life, with good days, and bad days.
My question is, is there anything else I could do? Does anyone have experience with this behavior with dogs after anaplasmosis treatments are finished?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts