Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

An actual intro

515 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Bolt5488 
#1 ·
I jumped straight into posting when I was overwhelmed with our new dog back in November, but thought I'd give an actual intro now.

So hi, I'm Kim. :) I'm 28 and live in southwest Virginia with my boyfriend of 3 years. We just bought our first home back in October!

I've been a dog person my whole life and my family had 2 dogs throughout my childhood up until we lost the 2nd one when I was 12. For years after I begged for a dog but my mom was so overwhelmed by the last experience (fearful-aggressive dog) that she said no. Years later, I wore her down but she said no shelter dog, only a new puppy so we could raise it and try to avoid aggression issues. When I was 15 I got to pick out my free puppy, a husky/hound/beagle mix, at 3 weeks old. We picked her up at 12 weeks and I named her Kya. She was my heart dog and absolutely my life companion for 13 1/2 amazing years. I told everyone I picked community college to save money, but it was also so that I could avoid dorms and stay with my dog. <3 She was there through my teenage years and college years, moving from apartment to apartment to townhome when I got my big kid job to finally a little rental house with our own fenced backyard. I'm so glad I got to give her that for a few years.

We had to say goodbye this past September, shortly after finding out she had cancer that was spreading. That was literally the hardest time of my life, and I'm still sad that she didn't quite make it to the home we bought with her in mind. I still think about her every day and I'm sure I will for quite a while.

On Oct. 31, we adopted Bolt, a 9ish month old pup, from the local shelter and he has been challenging and goofy and good for my heart. Overall he is such a good boy and while it was a rocky first few weeks of adjusting to a puppy, I'm so glad we have him. He's working his way into my heart.

Attached are pics of both my fur loves. We do have 2 cats, too. :p

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.