Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yea apparently it was not possible. I took him after 15 minutes he started to growl and he almost bite me and my sister. We instantly locked ourselvs in a room and called the owner. After they came in 2 minutes he slept near me. After that they took him. It was impossible i could not do anything. He literally start showing his teeth to me and after the onwer came he was so calm and all that stuff. Im so sorry for him and in my country is 9 PM we cant call any dog trainer nothing. He was so scared and we did not do anything to him..he searched the house did not find them and after that he start growl.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I would have called the behaviorist before the dog came home, as myself and others had suggested doing days ago. I figured if the dog was fearful biting may have been an issue, I'm glad everyone is okay. Did the previous owner ever mention to you he had a bite history? Have you returned the dog to the previous owner?

It sounds like you bit off more than you could chew, but it was kind of you for trying. Your heart was in the right place. I'm afraid dogs that are victim of abuse / neglect need a very specific kind of home and rehabilitation and I sincerely hope the dog gets the rehab he needs to become livable among humans again. I fear the likelihood he is to be considered a danger to others as this could result in him being pts

Truly sad result of human negligence :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
So tomorrow I am going to see an amstaff. Right now its living with an lady but she will not be able to take care of him anymore becuase next month she will move to a country where the breed is banned.The dog was found in a shelter about 2 weeks ago. The story was like this: He was borned and ever since kept in chain outside and the weather was like -20 degrees celsius. He was beat up almost single day by his owner until he ate a chicken and in that moment he beat the **** out of him so hard that he could not even look at a person without crying or being scared. This girl told me that she will approve this adoption if the dog will accept me. I feel absolutely fine about this. Lets say i will be able to take him any advices because he is so scared of people and other animals. It has great trauma after what happened. Do you know any way to gain his trust in me and most important to gain trust in himself and to make her understand that not every man is like that douchebag.

I adopted an AmStaff with a rough start. Now he is the biggest sweetest cuddle bug.

Just be calm and patient.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.