Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so dogs I had previously like growing up I didnt do the grooming and apart from baths my parents didnt do much. I have a Yorkie puppy and from what I've read they can be grooming intensive. Right now I have Chi puppy shampoo and conditioner, a Chi comb and pin brush, and Chi bathwipes for his face and hair around his penis. I was told to brush him daily and bath him once a month is there anything else I should be doing or a better product to be using?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Okay so dogs I had previously like growing up I didnt do the grooming and apart from baths my parents didnt do much. I have a Yorkie puppy and from what I've read they can be grooming intensive. Right now I have Chi puppy shampoo and conditioner, a Chi comb and pin brush, and Chi bathwipes for his face and hair around his penis. I was told to brush him daily and bath him once a month is there anything else I should be doing or a better product to be using?
My Yorkie is a year old. We use Espree shampoo and conditioner. Comb every day, you can use a detangler if necessary. Bathe once a WEEK and allow the conditioner to stay on for about five minutes. Have a groomer clip his nails, clean ears, and cut hair if necessary once a month. We keep our Yorkie's hair very short because its hot here in the summer and its easier to keep him clean but if you will allow your Yorkie's hair to get long, the grooming is much harder. Pictures please!!! I'm excited to see what Max looks like.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
What you need really depends on if you want to clip the hair yourself, or just keep up the coat in between taking her to the groomers.

If you just want to keep her brushed between grooming appointments then what you have is fine.
Yorkie Grooming | Yorkshire Terrier Information Center

1 - 4 of 4 Posts