Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Ramsey and I am approx 8 mos old. I was rescued from the Humane Society where they thought I was a pit bull. But since my "mom" has researched that they are many breeds that people think are "pit" or perhaps I could be a "mix" I am wanting to get other member's opinions. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Yes looks like you could be a Pit Bull. You are cute btw. I love the tan points! Some of my favorite. Look at that adorable face. It is possible you are a Pit mix as well or even a mix of other breeds that just happens to look pit like.

Here is mine

This is NOT my dog but very lovely indeed!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I really don't see any Rottweiler in that dog. I can't peg Rottie features? If it is not pure seems likely mixed with something smaller/finer boned.

I've seen more then a few Pit/Rott as they were purpose bred - not something I agree with.

The poster has not come back though, more pics would help, from the front and side straight on.

If he is in fact not a pure APBT then must be mixed with another breed that carries tan point gene, so that certainly limits it. Though Rottie isn't what comes to mind with the bone frame, maybe come other terrier?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Oops still messed up, I meant bred on purpose not purpose bred.

Also knowing his weight might give an idea?

While tan point limits the breeds je could possibly be mixed with I think that also decreases the chances of him being a mix, though nothing is impossible with all the intact dogs running around owned irresponsibly!!!! :ponder:

DNA test wisdom panel gives good results :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree that is probably pit mix or staffordshire terrier mix. I dont see Rotti, I have a 10 week old Rott/ Pitt mix puppy that I rescued a few weeks ago and he doesnt look like him. He looks like he might be mixed with terrier or hound from the markings. Depending on his size maybe Mixed with Min Pin or beagle. I agree with the finer boned animal bein the other part. Very cute dog though, You did a great thing for rescuing it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looks a little small to be mixed with a Rotti, possibly some Dobe. Definitely looks like some pit is in there and probably a terrier or hound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts