Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I hijack the other thread too badly....

What's your dog's registered name? If there's reasons/meaning behind it share that too :) I'd love to hear them. I've always loved show names (especially funny ones).

Quest was just registered today with the Canine Partners and we're submitting our UKC paperwork soon.

"Now Taking Requests" - Quest

Reactions: crock and beretw

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Mia Bella Dachshund Nola. Her litter had an italian theme, and Nola is for New Orleans. Dachshund is because of the blog. :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: crock and beretw

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Haha, love it!

Beret's World According to Garp. He was named for the novel by John Irving (a favorite book and a GREAT character) and is registered AKC Canine Partners and APDT/WCRL. UKC LP registration is still pending and they're dumb and limit names to 30 characters so I had to submit the name without the apostrophe.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Shadow is registered at the vet as Shadow, and that's what's on his CGC certificate.

Adding in all his nicknames would have been impractical

Reactions: QuestsMom and crock

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
When I get around to sending in Calypso's AKC, she will be Calypso At Midnight.

Technically, this is the name of an album of calypso music (which is not where I got the name, though that etymology fits her well). But it reminds me of how earnestly she stays up with me through my all nighters and most-nighters, how looking down to see her black eyes gazing up at me got me through some really tough reading/studying moments this past year.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
ours is Precious Pup Bosco MacTerrier. Our last sweet dog was Precious Pup Ewan MacTerrier...since they are "brothers" by way of our family (not related IRL). The Precious Pup part comes from my husband saying sometimes I laugh like Precious Pup. He used to call me Precious Pup when I would do that laugh :)

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Aero is Delende Koridawn Three Mile Smile. The first two words are his breeders' kennels. The last bit is an Aerosmith song. Hence, Aero. :) Most of his line is "smile" themed. His dad is Cheshire Cat (with some kennel names in there), his brother is The Winning Smile (Winner!), there's a Never Smile at a Crocodile (Kaos) etc. Before I got him they were thinking of naming him Just To See You Smile (McGraw) but I didn't like the callname McGraw.

·
Banned
7,625 Posts
Saras Himalaya's Apollo - Apollo, his litter was a co-breeding between kennels Saras and Himalaya, so nothing inventive there. We had to pick a name that began in an A, and so we went with the Greek god of Sun (and hoped to skip the god of war part).

Artemis - Arty (the Singer folks don't do kennel names or the like). We were originally supposed to get a female from his litter, and so we picked the name thinking we'd be geeky cute (if it doesn't mean anything to you go look up Apollo and Artemis in Greek mythology), and call the pup Missy. When we ended up with a male pup we decided to keep the name as its used as a male name in enough literature it still worked.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Katie is [kennel name] la Nouvelle Duchesse, call name Kate. She was named by her breeder, and we kept it since she knew it and we would have spent months arguing over a new name.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Riley was named by his breeders too, his registered name is Gramac's Stirling Reflection. It's a combination of his kennel and parent's names. His mom was named Skyeward Reflection and his dad's name I can't remember but had something to do with Stirling.

Reactions: crock

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Abby is Anna's Dark Angel for her agility stuffs. I decided to do an NCIS theme because after literally years of watching NCIS one day it clicked that Abby had the same name as one of my favorite characters... And well I had the hardest time coming up with a reg name so decided to do a little NCIS ish theme(also planned to continue with the NCIS theme with the next puppy but now it's doubtful)

And Twister is/will be Ashwood's Twist N' Shout when I register her him with AKC/USDAA etc.

And future Aussie puppy will possibly be "Coolmoor's Howlyn Good Time" and her call name shall be Lyric

·
Registered
405 Posts
Dixie and Jasper are registered with Canine Partners. I wanna register Todd too.

Jasper is "Life is full of bad Jazz"

Dixie is "Danni's Heart of the South"

Todd will be "Danni's Todd Fox"

Tippsy was "Goodman's Little Black Tips"

My mom's yorkie is "Missy's Maxwell Alexander"- Max
And my brother's chihuahua is "Matt's li'l bit of chocolate"- Li'l Bit

We're working on a registration name for Nikki; our new rottie puppy.

Reactions: crock

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
Poor Champers isn't registered--didn't see the point. I don't think Else was registered by her PO and we have no reason to. Soph is Dashing Lady Sophia, Morgan is Rocco's Dashing Morgan (sire/Jake was Rocco's Gallantries)--the Dashing comes from their predominant Dashing Bondhu bloodline. Remi is Rocco's Remington Royale--I guess I just like Rocco, similar to our last name, too; Royale is from his predominant Royacelle bloodline.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts