Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
URO2 Our Little Caleb Takoda BN RA CGC

and URO1 Deneways Donovan Whitewings RA

Both boys finished their UKC Rally titles this morning, and placed 3rd in their classes, Caleb with a 94 and Donovan with a 95.

Tomorrow it's off to an AKC trial for RE legs- Caleb's 2nd and Donovan's 1st.

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Congrats! Nothing quite like bringing home the ribbons!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank-you everyone. Sunday was pretty successful, too. Donovan, who I show for a friend, got his first RE leg with a score of 86. He was very sluggish, but did everything I asked of him like it was old hat.

Caleb, OTOH, had me in tears by the time we left the ring. He's been a little off his game for almost 2 weeks, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'll let the video tell the rest of the story.

https://calebdpctz2015.shutterfly.com/

·
Registered
904 Posts
Nice pics, but honestly I'm so clueless about dog shows I don't really know what I'm looking for. I've recently joined a local dog club and there's a show this weekend that I'm attending as helper/spectator, so presumably my education will begin. :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice pics, but honestly I'm so clueless about dog shows I don't really know what I'm looking for...
Thank-you. What you're looking for depends on the type of show. Simply put, Caleb was supposed to stay in heel position for just about everything we did yesterday, or do what I told him to do (Sit, Stand, Sit; Stay while I walked around him; Stay until I called him back to Heel position). The one thing he really goofed on was the Moving Stand, Walk Around Dog. He was supposed to stop moving when I said, "Stay" while I kept walking and went around him and back to Heel position. He took a couple of steps after I said, "Stay" the first time.
There's a video in the link, too.

...I've recently joined a local dog club and there's a show this weekend that I'm attending as helper/spectator, so presumably my education will begin. :)
Stewarding is a great way to get to learn more about shows and trials.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Woot!!! Congrats on all the success!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.