Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
My name is Carly, though you can call me whatever you want as long as it isn't offensive or rude. Most will probably stick with Larkspur or Lark to keep it simple. I am 24 years old and I am the assistant manager of a highly-rated pet sitting company in my county. I work mostly in the field house sitting, caring for various species inside homes, and walking dogs. At the present I have a foot injury. UC sent me home with pain medication and a suggestion to see an orthopedist if it doesn't feel better after my round of meds, just in case it's a stress fracture or something like that.

I take care of a lot of dogs and I love every one as if they were mine. I see everything from Chihuahuas to Labradoodles. I even have a household with four Irish Wolfhounds, and another IW owner I work for is hoping to get a Leonberger puppy because poor Zelda has been depressed since her sister, Bonnie (a BMD) passed away.

I currently don't have a dog of my own, but I care for my brother's four year old Siberian Husky, Fenrisulfr. I rent a small room in a house with a "no pets" clause, so I am waiting until I can get my own place to acquire a new dog. I have various mental/psychiatric issues along with an as-of-yet undiagnosed neurological problem. My hope is to work towards getting a service dog to help with my severe anxiety, depression, and PTSD as well as the states of dissociation I go into during my neuro episodes (they have proven to be dangerous and potentially life threatening).

I do, however, have a senior Russian Blue cat named Mulder and a retired racehorse rescue named Reno. As this is a dog forum, you probably won't see very much of those two here.

It is nice to meet all of you!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Welcome!

It's great to meet you! I hope you find lots of stuff to help you while you wait for the day you can get your own dog. :) It sounds like it'll be a great thing for you.

And I would never say no to pictures of a kitty! Mulder is a great name!

Welcome!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts