Dog Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

A little over a week ago my dog Mia was stung by a bee and had a pretty severe allergic reaction (pale gums and vomiting). We rushed her to the ER and luckily she is ok now!

Our vet recommended doing immunotherapy (aka allergy shots) to lessen her reactions. To my knowledge they would inject her with small amounts of the venom frequently in hopes that she builds up an immunity to stings.

Has anyone done immunotherapy or allergy shots for their dogs? Has it worked well for your dog? Thank you! I appreciate any feedback or advice :)
1 - 1 of 1 Posts