Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of dog is it? How old?

I would say that it is not related to the kennel cough. Is he still coughing at all?

Is the discharge from the eyes and nose still clear?

It sounds to me that he may be allergic to something at home.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We adopted our dog last Wednesday. While he was at the shelter, he had kennel cough, which they treated him for. The vet looked at him prior to releasing him to us and saw that he still had some clear discharge around his nose, so he prescribed some more antibiotics. This is his last day of medication, so I would assume that he should be recovered by now. But...he has been sneezing A LOT in the past few days. He sneezes, "reverse sneezes", and has discharge from his eyes and possibly his nose. Also, it is important to note that he really only sneezes at home or right outside our door. We're taking him for his first vet appointment on Saturday, but I'm just curious if any of you have opinions: is he still recovering from his illness? Or is he allergic to something at home?

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
We adopted our dog last Wednesday. While he was at the shelter, he had kennel cough, which they treated him for. The vet looked at him prior to releasing him to us and saw that he still had some clear discharge around his nose, so he prescribed some more antibiotics. This is his last day of medication, so I would assume that he should be recovered by now. But...he has been sneezing A LOT in the past few days. He sneezes, "reverse sneezes", and has discharge from his eyes and possibly his nose. Also, it is important to note that he really only sneezes at home or right outside our door. We're taking him for his first vet appointment on Saturday, but I'm just curious if any of you have opinions: is he still recovering from his illness? Or is he allergic to something at home?
I would say he is still recovering. Some upper respiratory problems can be effected by pollens and stuff like that. I am sure your vet will be able to tell you for sure.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts