Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else here have an Akita, and if so do they do this growling/talking thing whenever you come home or are happy to see something/someone. Mine does and it's awesome. I've been meaning to get it on camera and I'll to to soon. You should check out my channel of videos of my Akita. Just got one of him attacking the TV

akitadog24 - YouTube

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No he's not growling. Its more of a deep short howl thing. It's hard to explain without hearing it. Was just wondering if this was typical for Akitas

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Groaning, mooing, and noises like that can be fairly common in large breed dogs. It can be terrifying to somebody who doesn't know dogs, but it's harmless.

·
Banned
335 Posts
My german shepherd, Koda, used to greet me like that on days when I would live him home. It was like his own special way of welcoming me home because his entire body would start wiggling when I would reach down to pet him. Now that he is gone I want to kick myself for not getting it on video but I have those memories locked away in my mind.

Reactions: Akitadog24

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone else here have an Akita, and if so do they do this growling/talking thing whenever you come home or are happy to see something/someone. Mine does and it's awesome. I've been meaning to get it on camera and I'll to to soon. You should check out my channel of videos of my Akita. Just got one of him attacking the TV

akitadog24 - YouTube
That is the coolest part of owning an Akita talking with them. My first female Kuma (very popular name) would say I love you or we believed that was it and it was wonderful. My two new pups are 2 and haven’t really started vocalizing a lot. I would be interested to see what age most feel their Akita’s started to talk to them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts