Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, My name is Sue and I own 3 dogs. A 10 year old mixed female, a 4 year old male Rottweiller, and a 2 year old male boxer. For the first year and a half they got along great. Once in a great while the Rottweiller would show some agression by growling when someone walked by him or if someone went out the door and the boxer never showed any aggression. Within the last couple of months the two male dogs have been fighting. At first I noticed it would be over a crumb of food and now it seems to be over a look one gives the other. The fights seem to be getting worse and more frequent. The female is spayed but neither males are neutered but I have one scheduled to be done this Thursday, once that is done the second is going to be neutered. Does anyone think this may help or are the dogs a ticking timebomb. I have children in the house and the dogs fights are as though they are trying to kill each other. The boxer is very trainable but the Rottweiller has always been a little stubborn.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Both dogs should be neutered already!!

Manage the situation for now by not allowing the situations where fights occur to happen. You may have to confine one or the other for now.

Keep in mind that after a neuter It takes 1-3 months for the testosterone to completely get out of the dogs system. So the change may not be imediate.

Also there is no such thing as a stuborn dog IMO. Just a dog who is harder to train because his motivations are different. I would enroll in a training class and google "NILIF" and follow it to the letter.

Good luck

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts