Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Being doing a lot of googling about agility lately, think it would be a good thing for Tucker. He's still a bit shy/scared of some stuff (mostly stairs, although only certain kinds of stairs in certain places, just moved into a new building last week and he has no issue going up and down the stairs in the stairwell there. Such a floppy little weirdo!) Anywho, anyone have experience with smaller dogs doing agility? Tucker is a Shih Tzu x Pom, hovers around 11lbs.
@Shandula - You live some what close to Toronto right? Do you know of any good place in the city where we can do agility? My condo is very small so no space to set anything up at home.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
I don't know of any off hand, but I did some Googling, and I thought this place looked pretty good, and they offer lots of levels: All About Dogs

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I compete with my Shih Tzu x Maltese which are about that size. How old is your dog? I would look for someone who gives lessons in Foundation Agility if your dog is a little scared of new things as they will get him used to moving things, etc. and not put him on regular Agility equipment till he is ready for it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know of any off hand, but I did some Googling, and I thought this place looked pretty good, and they offer lots of levels: All About Dogs
Cool. Thanks - I'll check it out.

I compete with my Shih Tzu x Maltese which are about that size. How old is your dog? I would look for someone who gives lessons in Foundation Agility if your dog is a little scared of new things as they will get him used to moving things, etc. and not put him on regular Agility equipment till he is ready for it.
He is just under 2 years old (1 year and 9 months).

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Small dogs can totally compete! They can be so fast. I would totally recommend looking into an agility foundations class whether it is online or in person!

Reactions: Thisisme19

·
Registered
884 Posts
& there are lots of things you can train in a small space too, that's not a problem at all.
Have fun!

Reactions: Thisisme19
1 - 7 of 7 Posts