Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,

You all were very helpful to me awhile back with my male beagle-pikanese.

We can no longer deal with his aggressive behavior and marking.

He has always been defensive of my g.f or he growls when anyone pets him while leaving for work.

He doesnt growl over food, i can take it, interupt him. W.e i can ask him to stop and let my other dog eat and he will. Easily.

He has always had an issue with his tail being touched since we got him at approx 6mo old. Tbh sometimes I bother him, but usually just pet it, and calm him and hes come a long way. He will ask nicely to stop and thank you when you do. But hell snap if you keep doing it.

It used to be if touched it by accident hed maul you

Anyway, he knows to go outside, he will ask to go outside. He even waits by the door. He has his own bed to sleep in, not ours anymore for approx 1 year. He is neutered.

We cannot get him to stop marking. He pees on our bed hence why we made him his own or bought it i should say. He constantly pees on legs of furniture

We cant hit him or he freaks, and we used to but i decided to stop that a long time ago. But he never gets it we scold him and clean it clean clean it. Vinegar everything w.e

We immediately take him outside. No matter what we do our whole house constantly smells like pee.

We accidently left a basket of clothes near our newish tall bed. Which he just used to climb up and pee on our bed just now.

We are buying a new house and i just know hes gonna wreck it. To the point where we wanna get rid of him.

Hes a good dog. Hes almost always perfect. Very loving. But we cannot shake this male dominace pee on everything, sometimes growly attitude deal.

I mean hell never bite you for real and always says sorry etc

I just dont know what to do anymore.

I know weve messed up in many ways, surely. But our other dog a Yorkie girl has zero issues. All other male dogs ive owned mostly lab have never even had the slightest of these issues. I trained them very well, no need for leashes follow every word amazing dogs.

I just dont know

Please help

Thanks

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
A few questions for you:

Has he been to vet specifically for the urination issue and/or growling when touching his tail?

Is he marking or peeing?

Are you supervising constantly to prevent him from marking?

Have you cleaned with an enzymatic cleaner? If your house smells, odds are he thinks it's an appropriate place to pee.

How have you taught him where it is appropriate to pee? Or have you just taught him that he's scolded when he pees?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To answer you questions, we have taken him to the vet for normal reasons, but never thought to bring it up.

We arent home all the time especially me to watch him, but it seems like marking to me. Only on corners or directly in the middle of the bed. Like as soon as you leave him with a way up the bed, he will try to go and specifically pee on the bed.

We trained him specifically to go outside at our last house, and to my knowledge I think he knows to go outside. If he needs to go, he will ask you. And also wait by the door.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as cleaning. We have tried nearly everything. I actually just bought some enzyme again.

Im sure our house smells like pee, especially to a dogs nose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.