Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My dog silky terrier cross is 10+ yrs old. His been very strong and active all the while.

Out of sudden he cant pee well. It was dripping and forcing himself in pain to pee. I thought it was bladder stone or UTI. After X-ray the vet confirmed it was not bladder stone. The bladder was absolute clear but filled with urine.

The vet suggested us to proceed with the surgery which is to clear out pee from the bladder and urethra.

It's been 4 days already. The bladder is swollen . He was urinating blood and pee for the first day only. after that he still struggle to pee and forcing himself but there's no blood. Most of times it just dripping. His not eating at all for the past 4 days but drinking a lot of water. I can feel his in pain.. I force feed him porridge also boiled chicken.

My question is, is this normal for him not to eat and only drink water ? Im abit worried. Im giving him the pain medication provided by the vet. and also bladder is really swollen and hard after the surgery. Will it take some time to recover since his old ?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I think your questions can best be addressed by your Vet. I would get him back to the Vet for a re-check, and I would do it soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts