Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi weve just reserved a 6-9mth puppy at a rescue center, hes beautiful but they couldnt tell us what breed he was, we thought from looking at him hes got the markings of a rottweiler cross but looking at photos on the net of the cross breeds we think he looks more doberman cause hes got a long nose and crossed with german shepard, does anybody no if he will be ok with kids as ime abit worried hes going to grow up into a big boy, hes got a lovely temperment at the home and he got on with the kids gret, not knowing anything about these breeds i just feel abit cautious.... thanks donna:whistle::dog-crazy:

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
hi weve just reserved a 6-9mth puppy at a rescue center, hes beautiful but they couldnt tell us what breed he was, we thought from looking at him hes got the markings of a rottweiler cross but looking at photos on the net of the cross breeds we think he looks more doberman cause hes got a long nose and crossed with german shepard, does anybody no if he will be ok with kids as ime abit worried hes going to grow up into a big boy, hes got a lovely temperment at the home and he got on with the kids gret, not knowing anything about these breeds i just feel abit cautious.... thanks donna:whistle::dog-crazy:
Never feel cautious of a breed just because of its breed, I knew a shih tzu who tore the crap out of a childs face... Some genetics play a part but you would see problems nows. If the dog is fine with your kids thats great! I never recommend children being left alone with ANY dog so ALWAYS keep an eye on them together. If he starts to show signs of annoyance or anything that does not settle well with you let us know what it is and we can help you from there on how to handle it :) Congrats on your rescue

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your advice .. we tryy to go up and see him for a couple of hours every day as he cant come home untill thursday.We'll let you know how we get on :D Thanks again:dog-bone:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts