Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skinny.jpg Fat.jpg

As you can see my pooch is always on her back ready for belly rubs. These pics give a decent picture on her weight change though. I feed her twice a day with good food, not allot at all.

I've noticed that her back legs are getting weak, and I feel horrid about it. Her diet is under control, but as far as exercise, walking, etc. Can anybody shed any advice? I don't want to just walk her hard the first day.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Exercise and activity is of course important. I know you said, good food, but you might consider having your Vet do some blood work to verify her nutrition, and to see if something else is going on that would affect her strength in her rear legs. Ours gets a very low fat diet, mandatory for her, since she is prone to pancreatitis. Since we have modified her diet, her weight is much easier to control. As far as exercise, for ours, one walk early in the morning, seems to suffice for her. She is a true house dog, and really only likes getting out for the one daily walk. The rest of the day, she will go out only to take care of her needs, then scampers right back in the house.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts