Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 42 lb puppy (6 month old retriever mix) and am looking for a harness for him. Its not for pulling...just a good one for walks. I welcome any advice and recommendations on brands and types. Thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
Reactions: marvin s

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
I also have the Ruffwear Front Range and really like it. Sturdy harness that offers a few different options for hooking the leash. Also as of today they are releasing a bunch of new colors, so that's always a plus!

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I really like the trail style mushing harnesses (I use the canadog shorty and I've heard good things about the howling dog alaska distance harness).

It doesn't look like a mushing harness and can be used regularly, and since it is designed for pulling, it won't interfere with the dog's stride

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I also have the Ruffwear Front Range and really like it. Sturdy harness that offers a few different options for hooking the leash. Also as of today they are releasing a bunch of new colors, so that's always a plus!
WHAT!? Omg, must...resist...

I'm kind of crushing on the urban trail harness from Alpine Outfitters but need to justify buying it.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
WHAT!? Omg, must...resist...

I'm kind of crushing on the urban trail harness from Alpine Outfitters but need to justify buying it.
RIGHT! They have SOO many colors I LOVE now. I am having to resist buying the dogs new harnesses. They have this awesome green, and they even have purple, which is Roxie's color. But I must resist as well.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Another fan of the Ruffwear Front Range...for us, it is not a 24/7 wear but rather his "adventure" harness when we go out for walks, hikes or on the bike.

Super easy on and off.

Not a fan of the "ID Pocket" feature however...if you dog were to go missing with it on, no one is gonna know that there is a pocket there with a tag in it. I attached a tag to the front clip.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I like the urban trail harness from alpine outfitters. I have one for each of my dogs. There sturdy, are padded throughout and sit further back so it doesn't sit in their armpits. You also get a lot of options and add on's to choose from.
http://www.alpineoutfitters.net/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=155

You can also look into Howling Dog Alaska's Distance Harness. If I didn't already have the harnesses I do, I would probably get one of these.
http://howlingdogalaska.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&products_id=94

Reactions: marvin s

·
Registered
2,909 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
@PoppyKenna, Its actually really easy to clean. All I do is use a lint/sticky roller to collect the excess hair from my shed monsters. And if its gets really dirty the harness is machine washable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts